Welcome! Bienvenido! Akwaaba! Mirë se vjen! Bem-vindo! خوش باش ! 歡迎光臨!
We love Worcester and are committed to this New England city on the rise. Our church is named after the story in the Scriptures (Luke 24:13-48) when Jesus met two people on their journey to Emmaus. In one of their darkest moments of fear and doubt, Jesus walked with them, ate with them, and then revealed that He had not only defeated sin and evil through His death on the cross, but that He was the resurrected Savior, Redeemer, and King of the world. He changed their lives forever, and He sent them back into the city to share His history-altering, world-restoring, and life-transforming Good News with others.
Like Jesus did in the story of the travellers to Emmaus, we want to join with others on their journeys in our neighborhoods, workplaces, schools, shelters, rehab centers, and bars, and introduce them to the One who transforms all our stories. We invite you to join with us as we learn together how to follow Jesus in every area of life, graciously loving our neighbors, and generously serving our city for the glory of God and for the life of the world.
Worcester, MA Info:
- Nicknames: The City of Seven Hills, Wormtown, Heart of the Commonwealth, Heart of New England
- Incorporated as a city: 1848 A.D.
- Population: 181,000+
- Demographics: 60% White, 20% Hispanic or Latino, 11% African or African American, 6% Asian, 3% Other
- Recognition: One of the Top 10 Most Livable Cities in the U.S. by Forbes; One of the Top U.S. Cities to Live for People Ages 20 to 29 by BusinessWeek; One of the Top 20 Cities in the U.S. for Immigrants
- Economic Drivers: Higher Education, Health Care, BioTech Research, Financial Services, Green Energy, Manufacturing, Restauranteurs